Thursday, February 7, 2013

Running out of excuses….



My mirror is far from being my best friend these days. While I don’t expect to have an hour glass figure (although that would be ideal), who am I kidding. Seriously though, it drives me crazy when the bulges stare back at me, a clear indication that healthy eating is not part of my lifestyle anymore and has long left the building!

So what’s my excuse?  There are several, infact.
 “I am exhausted when I get back from work,”, “I have to cook and have no time or ‘I just don’t feel like it.”

While the excuses are genuine, they are rather lame and I berate myself many a time too, with endless conversations rattling through my head.

“Listen Missy, that butt of yours is not pretty, you need to work it.”
“I know, I know, but wait…it’s not all that bad….”
“Well, there is nothing good about it either.”
“Hmm…crunches tomorrow, for sure….and just to show how serious I am…I will make it 200 crunches.”

Tomorrow never comes, no wait, there is always tomorrow, but then promises are meant to be broken, so I procrastinate until I reach frustration point again and all hell breaks loose.

It brings out the crazy side of me, as I watch every morsel I put into my mouth, I exercise till my body begs for mercy and I am on a roll.

Ofcourse the first couple of days are sheer torture, as my body is sore and probably in a state of shock after the onslaught, until slowly but surely, I am not huffing and puffing, I have more stamina and I feel so energized, I cant believe it!

Victory is bitter sweet, as my clothes fit better, people notice the changes and that makes it all worthwhile, but the urge to indulge, lurks dangerously close.

Once again, the conversations in my head are going a mile a minute and driving me crazy.

“I am craving chocolate cake”
“I really shouldn’t, after all the hard work…
“But I deserve a treat.
“Well…your butt finally looks decent…...”
Decent? Well then….


That’s when temptation overrides will power and it wins over all logic. I reach out for the slice of chocolate cake, almost tasting its richness, even before I’ve put it in my mouth and realise how bland life can be, without some sweetness in it.

Overall though, I feel wonderful although I am still prone to giving in to indulgence now and again. But I would like to think that I am more in control and balance it out, which means if I overdo the calorie intake, I make sure I burn it.

There I times though I avoid eating the calorie laden delights, because it is not worth having to work so hard afterwards, to ensure it doesn’t find permanent refuge on my body!

For now though, let’s just take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment